Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wedding Planning 101


If anyone is looking for a good laugh, unbelievable "tact" and great wedding planning advice, I recommend CMT's new show, "My Big Redneck Wedding." Seriously, it has everything you could ever dream of to help a bride-to-be plan her future wedding. Wild pig hunting for the bachelor party, then serving up said wild pigs at the reception? Check. Camo tuxes and wedding dresses? Check. Taxidermy proudly displayed near the altar? Check. Mud-bogging or a demo derby in your wedding attire? Check. Bride missing her teeth on the wedding day and being offered her mom's? Double check. It's great! Now, I have no issues with most of the above things. I am a little redneck myself and like to mud-bog or take in a demo derby here and there. I have a husband who hunts and has deer antlers in our home. But when you combine it all together and throw in a wedding? Who could ask for more?! What was I thinking way back when we got hitched and all we had was a simple ceremony in a church and reception at the local community center? Where was this show then?

**As a related aside, last night I told Alayna that she almost looked a little redneck with her teeth missing and that huge gaping hole right in front. Lilly looked at me funny, looked at Alayna and proclaimed, "You don't have a red neck, Nayna!"

1 comment:

Carol said...

I hadn't heard of that show but it sounds perfectly hilarious.

And I'm laughing so hard at Lilly's comment--kids are SO literal!