Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thunderstorms

Last night was the first real thunderstorm of the season. The storms had been forecasted for a few days but they were a little slow traveling and didn't come until bedtime. That was fine by me. The temps were warm, too, in the 60s, so I got to do one of my favorite things of all time...sleep with the window open while it rained and rumbled outside.

It was so great. The rain smelled fabulous, the low rumble (and occasional good crack) of the thunder was calming and the random bolts of lightning stayed within the clouds and did only some mood lighting. I was seriously asleep in a matter of minutes. I was still tired from the weekend and that, combined with the rain sounds, lulled me into an immediate sleep. A HUGE crack of thunder right over the house woke us all up (except Lilly and Mikayla) at 11:45 and I could have sworn it was 4 am. I was sleeping so soundly and heavily.

Now, I can't wait until the clouds clear away this afternoon and the sun comes out. Because after some good rain and lightning, just a little sun will go a long way to make my brown lawn green! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Mom In Progress said...

Mmm, I can just smell that good rain and storm smell. I agree, nothing like cuddling up to that sound with the window up a bit. Ah! What a great night!