Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dare I say it?

I think I can finally say that spring is here. I really hope I'm not being too optimistic, this is Wisconsin after all. BUT, the 6" of` snow we got last weekend is gone and the sun has been shining for 3 days now! The temps have been above 50 for 2 days in a row, the rest of the week supposedly will be above 50, too, and last night it didn't get below freezing! I am so excited that this may be it. The real thing. Spring.

I just don't know if I can put away the winter things yet. Part of me says that if I do, it'll jinx things. This time of year I yearn to break out the sandals (those of you who know me know I HATE wearing socks and shoes) the light coats, the mud boots. My closet looks so much better when it's not cluttered with hats, mittens, scarves, snow pants, big jackets, and bulky winter boots. The entryway in general looks better because we don't have those random things lying around, either, just waiting to be put in it's home.

We did do one thing that signifies spring, though. We put some of the yard toys out. Obviously the play set and climbers stay in place all winter, but the small slides, ride-on toys and small climber all get put into storage over winter under the porch. The girls were so excited last night to play on the swings, go down the slides, serve up imaginary ice cream (it was the BEST raspberry & chocolate ice cream I've ever had) in their playhouse. They also played some basketball and rode their bikes an endless number of times up and down the driveway.

So hopefully I'm not going to jinx us, but I'll say it anyway. Finally. Happy Spring!

**It's really here! I went for my walk on Tuesday night and it was silent besides the howling wind. I took my walk last night at the same time and on the same route and what did I hear? Frogs! The swamps were just buzzing with that noise that I love so much. And if the frogs are out, that means the ground is no longer frozen and that means it really is Spring!

2 comments:

One Crazy Chick! said...

Happy Spring! I hope she stays around because that Spring she has been a tease over here.

She showed up this weekend only to has Winter kick her out and bring Snow back with her.

Here to praying Spring kicked Winter in the heinie and that Spring is here to stay, at least where you are.

Mom In Progress said...

Whoo Hoo!! How exciting. I didn't know you were a sandals or barefoot girl? Me too! I love no shoes or socks, but after living in the South where I only needed shoes 2-3 months out of the year, they seem to be around a LONG time here. Ugh, stupid shoes. ;)
I hope your spring stays! Don't you dare put the coats away either though. I haven't for the same reasons. Don't want to jinx it!