Monday, November 12, 2007

Update on Dad

We went down to the hospital yesterday and watched the Packer/Viking game with my dad. And oh, what a good game it was...Anyway, Dad was doing really well. He was up and moving around, eating, feeling good. We're hopeful that he can come home today, as the docs made it sound pretty promising. Of course, he still has a long road ahead of him, including sleeping with his back brace on for the next 6 wks (comfortable, huh?) but just being home will be great.

While at the hospital, I got a call that Andy's uncle Bill had been airlifted to the same hospital my dad was at for a heart attack. Once the game was over, we went to visit Bill and see how he was doing. He was out of surgery and feeling great, he said, joking with everyone, including the nurses and doctors. Lilly said he didn't look like uncle Bill, so he took a hat from Will, put it on his head and then Lilly said it was, indeed, uncle Bill. We're hopeful that he will be home in a few days, too, but thankfully he seems to be okay.

Needless to say, I think I've had enough health/hospital drama to last me awhile. Andy's gramma is also going in for a routine knee-replacement this Wednesday, so I've had enough. No else one is allowed to get sick, hurt or hospitalized for quite awhile. So if you are reading this, consider yourself warned.

No comments: