Thursday, November 29, 2007

Almost a year...

I have been thinking about our upcoming month and one week, and to be honest, my head is spinning. I got thinking about it all this morning when I realized that today, Mikayla is 11 months old. Yup, my baby is almost a toddler. I don't want to admit it, but I've been told that there's no denying it. She is such a good baby, and she's my last baby, so I have problems letting go of the fact that she's not going to be a baby much longer. I was hoping she'd stay that way forever. But, that's not possible. And I have a feeling that with all we have planned in the next few weeks, she'll be one before I know it.

In the next five weeks, we have some HUGE things happening in our house. Today is Mikayla's 11 month birthday, Sunday we have a double birthday party, next Sunday is Alayna's Sunday School program (in which she's Mary and sings a solo! check back for video in a few weeks) and another birthday party, the following Thursday is her school program, then that Saturday we are going to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert. Following that is Andy's family Christmas that we are hosting on the 22nd, then Christmas Eve with both sets of parents, and Christmas Day with my side of the family-which we are hosting. Are you all still with me? Because then we hit Mikayla's first birthday on the 29th, New Years, Alayna starts back to school, and then Miss Alayna turns 7 on Jan 6th. I'm not ready to admit to that one, either...

So, please wish me well in the upcoming weeks. Scattered in there we are hoping to go to the Holidazzle Parade and Macy's 8th Floor, a friend is having a murder mystery party that we're still not sure if we'll make, and I have a pile of presents that I need to wrap. I am so in need of a personal assistant-anyone want to apply for the job? It doesn't pay anything, but I'll love you tremendously!

2 comments:

Mom In Progress said...

I'm no good as an assistant..I like to be in charge!! haha, but I'll gladly trade you lists! ;) Hehe, have fun with keeping all those parties and events straight. Sounds like a crazy and really fun Month to come.

Anonymous said...

Just wait for the grand kids, it is way better. They grow fast, just think in no time will your youngest be asking for the keys to the car and the oldest one will be bringing the boyfriend home for Christmas or her husband and baby. I often wonder where the time went.