Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Winter

You've gotta love winter, right? Especially here. Monday we had near-record highs of 40 degrees. It was beautiful, warm, the snow was melting...then came yesterday. We had a cold front move in which steadily dropped the temp from our high at midnight (15 degrees) to -6 when we went to bed. This morning when I woke up? -15, without the windchill. What was the windchill? you ask. Well, this cold front also brought wind, too. So with the windchill, our "feels like temp" as the meteorologists say, is -40 to -50. Yummy. Needless to say, school has been cancelled and we're just chilling out here at home today. At least I didn't have to debate Alayna's health and whether or not she could go to school today!

Stay warm, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I can't put my arms down!!!"

"Randy lay there like a slug, it was his only defense"

Mom In Progress said...

40?!! That is too cold to even comprehend. See and I think the -20 windchill is insane. I am getting used to this but I don't think I'm ready for your state yet. Hope you get to cuddle and stay warm all day.