Thursday, January 17, 2008

Perspectives

Last night, I was awake for over an hour in the middle of the night. Mikayla has a bit of a cold and was coughing periodically-not enough that it woke her up, but enough that it woke me up and kept me awake. And while I was lying there at 1am, all I could think was Thank God that she was healthy and able to cough. That she wasn't in a hospital bed somewhere, or something much worse. Morbid? Maybe. But I couldn't help but say a prayer of thanks for my healthy, beautiful, wonderful girls and family.

Funny how your perspective of things can change. Before yesterday, I still would have thought those things, but not so intently or gratefully. But I also haven't been able to think about much else than the story of Nathan, Tricia and Gwyneth since reading their blog yesterday. It really put things into perspective. That family is dealing with SO much right now. One of their instances is more than most of us can imagine, but they are dealing with 2-3 life-threatening events all at once. And their faith and spirit and humor are not failing. Even during their intense time of trial, they are asking for prayers for others who are in need that they meet during their journey.

So all I ask is this...No matter how bad things may seem, please remember that unfortunately, they can always get worse. That doesn't mean you can't complain or vent or whine about it a little bit-we are human after all. But take a moment to reflect on the wonderful things you do have. Take a deep breath and refocus on the good things in your life. Then try to remain positive and see where that takes you. I'm sure it will take you a lot farther than you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VERY well said, my dear!

Mom