Saturday, January 12, 2008

I hate Saturdays

Okay, hate is maybe a little harsh. And really, I don't hate Saturdays-just Saturday mornings. Why? Because I always psych myself up on Friday night that tomorrow is Saturday, the one day I don't have to get up for anything. I have no daycare kids coming, no school to get Alayna ready for, no church to attend. I have nothing to do but sleep in, right? Right. I tell myself that, but my brain doesn't get the message, or Andy's brain doesn't get the message, or one of the girls' brains.

Usually I wake up around 7:00 on a Saturday because Andy is moving around a lot and trying to get comfortable. When you are used to getting up at 4 am, 7:00 is sleeping in 3 hours. His body can't handle that and starts to go into wake-up panic mode. But today was supposed to be different because Andy's working. He won't wake me up! And all 3 girls were in bed a little late, so they should sleep in, too! (insert evil laugh here) So as I went to bed last night, I thought it would be at least 7:45 until my eye-lids were opened again.

Nope. Apparently my brain thought it was a weekday, because I was wide awake at 6:25. As I lay there, trying to get comfortable, trying not to think about anything, and refusing to open my eyes again, I wasted a good 10-15 minutes before I gave up and came downstairs. I must admit, it's nice to have the house to myself for a little while. And the silence is almost deafening. But I'd much rather be sleeping in...whatever that is.

I just posted this and was viewing it in my blog when I heard a noise. You guessed it, Mikayla is awake and talking away in her crib. And if you notice the time of this post, it's only 7:00.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Sorry Candy...I can commiserate though no one in my home ever gets up quite that early, ha. I look forward to "sleeping in" on Saturdays too but does it ever happen??? No. I was up at my normal time today too thanks to the boys all being up...and where's George? He's sound asleep in bed still...and notice the time of my post, LOL...it's 11:20am here.

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you Candy! I was up at 6 this morning. But I consider that sleeping in because my alarm normally goes off at 5:30! I had help from two little boys in waking up this morning. Left to myself, I might make it to 7 a.m!

Heather

Mom In Progress said...

Ugh, never does work out does it? Well, somday (that anonymous thing everyone hold out) we'll all sleep in plenty. Sorry you didn't get that rest. I'm so miserable when I need just to sleep a little. I kept telling myself over moving that sleep is over rated anyway!