Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Green...who me?!

Not exactly. But I have decided that there are certainly things that I can do to go a little bit more "green". I don't know if I've bought into all of the hype yet, but I know that there are some tried and true things that I can do to help lessen the impact that myself and my family leave on this beautiful world of ours.

For one, we are out of light bulbs. When Andy and I go shopping this weekend, I have every intention of buying high efficiency light bulbs. I've also been trying to be more energy conscious by simply turning off the lights when not needed, doing 2 or 3 things at once that will all use the same appliance, etc. I've also stopped buying paper towels. I mean seriously, we have 436 kitchen towels that just sit in the drawer, why can't we use those over and over and over again? Nothing too spectacular, but I figure every little bit helps, right? If in the end, all I've done is help save one tree or one little monkey, that will be alright with me too.

No comments: