Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Santa

The Christmas trees have been down for a while now, but I wanted to keep my nativity scene up through Epiphany. Since that was on Sunday, I worked yesterday to take down the rest of my Christmas things. No more nativity scene, no more pine garland on the railings, no more stockings. All that was left were the "winter" things, like the snowmen and the candy village. When Lilly realized that it was all gone, she sat quietly on the steps and put her face in her hands. When I asked her what was wrong, her response was "I think I'm going to miss Santa." I assured her that in a year, the Christmas stuff and Santa, too, would all be back. "I just don't think I can wait that long!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Corinna can completely relate to Lilly's distress. She is still in denial that Christmas season is ending. This morning she woke up and said, "Mommy, is it Christmas Eve again?" I think I will miss Santa too!! Auntie Di

Anonymous said...

That is just too sad! She might have to go to Gramma Paula's house. We still have lots of stuff out that I just haven't had a chance to put away yet! But that might backfire too!