Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lilly-isms

Lilly is such a humorous little girl that we've taken to calling her funnies "Lilly-isms." This morning, she's been full of them, so here's a little sampling from just today...It's never boring with her around!

*She walked up to my desk, grabbed my mini stapler from the drawer and held it up to her mouth. "Milk, butter, eggs," she said into the stapler, then put it back in the drawer and walked away like nothing had happened. When I busted out laughing, she gave me the most innocent look like, "What is so funny?!" (She loves to watch The Saddle Club on tv and they always have the same commercials. One is for a key chain gadget that can record your voice for things like where you park-row B12, a phone number, or your grocery list-milk, butter, eggs. Lilly thinks its the greatest thing and always says I should buy it! Apparently it's on her mind, though the tv hasn't been turned on yet today.)

*We just shared a piece of gum and after a minute or two, Lilly ran into the bathroom. I asked if she had to go potty and her response was, "No, a drink of water just goes really good with gum!"

*Lilly loves to take pictures and asked to take some of me (no, I will not be sharing any of them) Just as she was about to take the picture of me smiling obligingly, she goes, "Say, 'I love my kids!'" Where she got that one, I have no idea!

*Right now, she's practicing writing her name. As she wrote the first L, she sneezed, causing the bottom of the L to make a slight upward hook. She held her Doodle Pro up so I could see it and exclaimed, "Look it's an elf shoe!"

*This one is from the other day, but it's hilarious and one I have to share, too. Lilly has a bit of a hairy back, not long by any means, but the fine hair on her back is darker than the hair covering the rest of her body (you all know what I'm talking about here) Anyway, I made a comment that she was a monkey baby the other day because of her hairy back. The next afternoon she asked "J", one of my daycare kids and Lilly's best friend (along with "R"), "Hey, J, do you want to rub my hairy back?"

2 comments:

Mom In Progress said...

LOL!! Those are great. I have to say the hairy back one is the best. I call my kids little monkeys, or all kinds of animal names so I totally get that one. The fact that she then asked someone if they wanted to pet her?! What a riot!

Anonymous said...

Crack me up!! I usually review your posts a couple times a week at lunch... can you but up some kind of warning so I don't snort soda when I bust out laughing!! Love you guys!! auntie di