Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Breast Cancer Awareness Month


I just remembered that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Ladies, please make sure to do your monthly self exam and be proactive in your own personal health. I know we all do everything we can to keep our kids, our husband, even our pets healthy, but how much do we do for our own health? I know I can speak for myself that if anyone's health is going to slide, it will be mine over anyone else's. Well, if we aren't here anymore, we can't take care of everyone else. So PLEASE do those monthly breast exams so that if God forbid you do find a lump, you find it early and have a better chance of beating this beast. Below I've posted some links with helpful information on doing a self-exam, general information on breast cancer, and ways that you can help beat this disease!





1 comment:

Heather Forcey said...

Thank you Candy for the reminder. Obviously with my mom having breast cancer twice, this is an important month for us. You are so right about taking care of ourselves so we can be there for our families. I've been wearing my breast cancer pin since I had Hudson. It's the one I switch back and forth so I can remember which breast to feed from!