Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Time for School


Today Alayna started First Grade. That just doesn't seem possible, but that's what she and the school both tell me. She was so excited to go today and see her friends, the teachers, learn more cool stuff...She really loves school and learning. A girl after my own heart.

Alayna jumped out of bed after her alarm only sounded for half a second, was dressed in 5 seconds and ready to start waiting for the bus within 2 minutes, though it wasn't scheduled for another 30. She was quite impatient, but a note left for her from Daddy, wishing her a good day and giving her some last minute advice, helped to pass some of the time.

I had issues with Alayna going to Kindergarten last year, but for some reason First Grade is much harder for me to swallow. I don't know what it is. But I know that I already miss having her home, and Lilly just doesn't know what to do with herself. Mommy is only fun for so long. Mikayla even seems to notice the absence, as Alayna plays with her so much during the day. So we all sit here, passing the time, waiting for 4:05 and the bus to pull up to the end of the driveway.

No comments: