Thursday, September 13, 2007

Total Mom Brag...


I am so proud of Alayna! She's a great kid and such a good helper around the house; that in itself is enough to be proud of. But yesterday, she upped the pride meter in her parents.

Alayna is in First grade. She is a very smart little lady and she LOVES to read. Now, we knew that her reading abilities were above her age level, but we didn't know to what extent. Apparently Mrs. L, the Title 1 teacher at school, was testing Alayna and her classmates yesterday to see where they were at with their reading. When Alayna told me about it, she said that she had read into the 6th grade reading list! To be honest, I thought that maybe she was a bit mistaken, because that seemed very high. But I knew she was a great reader, so I told her how proud I was and that she was doing so well, etc. Then at my monthly Bunco night last night, my girlfriend, who also teaches at the school, said that she ran into Mrs. L in the hallway right after Alayna's test. She saw her scores and Alayna did, indeed, read into the Sixth grade list! She said it was the highest that Mrs. L has seen for a First grader in a long, long time.

Alayna, we are so proud of you! I know we told you that yesterday, and say it often, but it's true! We love you, honey! Keep up the great work.

2 comments:

Mom In Progress said...

Way to go Alayna!!! What a smart girl. I can see why you are so proud. That is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Dear Alayna - I hope you continue to cultivate (can you read that word?) your love for reading. Reading can take you to unimaginable places - without ever leaving your house!

Keep up the good work - and know that your gramma loves you so very much!