Tuesday, February 10, 2009

We're having a heatwave...

...a tropical heatwave! The temperature's risin', it isn't surpisin'...


Okay, now that I have that song stuck in your head (which will always remind me of Grumpy Old Men, one of the Best. Movies. Ever.) I'll continue on with my post.


We are having a heatwave. It's been in the 30s and 40s for 3 days now. It's crazy. I like going outside and not having my lungs hurt and my nose freeze. Really, I do. But you know what I don't like? 30 and 40 degree days in February. Why, you ask? Because they don't last. They are a horrible tease to what is still to come, but not for at least another month. They also do nothing but wreck havoc on our area. The ground is still frozen, but snow is melting like crazy. Where does the water go since it can't seep into the ground? People's basements (not ours, thankfully). Then it gets cold at night, below freezing like normal for this time of year. So what happens? Ice. Everything becomes a huge skating rink and you are taking your life into your own hands to walk to the mailbox. It's nuts. I hate these winter "thaws".


But we did get the girls out to enjoy the snow this weekend before it all melted away. So here are some of their snow pics...









5 comments:

LeeAnne said...

Wow, the definition of "heat wave" sure is relative! We're having one too ... yesterday's high was 73! Regardless of how you define it, though, I think we all agree that a heat wave in the middle of winter IS a terrible tease ... I am so ready for real Spring, it's not even funny.

Mom In Progress said...

Hey..that song is in my all time favorite movie...White Christmas!! That trumps yours! ;)
What fun! That's so neat you guys got to go out and play. We've had very litte snow but some heat wave 60 degree days. Not so fun to get ice like you guys!

Anonymous said...

Candy, I hadn't seen Marley in a while and now she's soooo big! Love to watch the doggies playing in the snow. Di

Sarah said...

Well, it's cold and rainy here in Cali, so enjoy your nice weather!

I am requesting new pics of Marley -- she is getting so big!

Alicia said...

Well, I was going to say the same thing as LeeAnne. It's like spring here, but a horrible tease too. I love the warm temps, but hate that they don't last. If it is going to be cold I want your snow! Maybe we should just fly up there when you have pretty snows like that and you can come here when it's so cold your face hurts there.