Thursday, February 5, 2009

Klutziness runs in the family

If you know me, you know that I'm a HUGE klutz. I'm talking trip-over-absolutely-nothing-and-come-up-bloody klutzy. I'm bad. Unfortunately, our children seem to have taken after me on the klutz-front and it's been very apparent these last few days.

We have had:

*a chipped tooth for Alayna, which thankfully was a baby tooth
*a completely purple knee from Alayna falling on tiled floor
*a purple chin from Alayna slipping on the ice (when she chipped her tooth)
*a bruise on Mikayla's cheek from her falling down the stairs (though Marley helped with this one)
*a konk on the head for Mikayla when a picture was knocked off the wall and bounced down the stairs and hit her
*a bad scratch on Mikayla's back from her dancing in the bathroom and falling against the cabinet

And honestly, all those things have happened in the last 2 days. Yikes. Add that to my various bruises and burns, and we're quite the sight for sore eyes. Only Andy and Lilly are unscathed at this point, but now that I wrote that they won't be. Sorry guys!

But a good thing...remember that vague post from a few days ago (the one right before this) about not changing any dirty diapers or panties for however many hours? Yep, still going strong. It's been since Friday and she's even been dry at night! And on that note, I was just informed someone has to go potty...

2 comments:

Mom In Progress said...

I'm so jealous on the night time diaper front. The klutz stuff we seem to be fine mostly then we'll have a few days like that and its like every turn is a doozie! I hope everyone is healing up ok and that maybe Lily got the Daddy Non- klutzness (is that a word?).

Anonymous said...

Klutzy is OK as long as no one puts their eye out or has to go to the emergency room!

Are you SURE it was "I Potty" and not "I Carlie"??? :-) Yea Mikayla! I feel so special to be that last one on which she had an accident!!