Thursday, February 12, 2009

Size does not mean age

One thing that we've discovered with Marley is that due to her size, we sometimes forget her age. She is almost as tall as Sunny now, our larger-than-average Yellow Lab, but she's only 4 months old. That makes Marley still very much a puppy. But because she's so big we forget that and think she should act like a dog. We sometimes expect her to listen as well as Sunny, or know her place. But then we remember...she's only a puppy. She's not even into her pre-teen years when it comes to dog years. She's got lots of time before she's a dog and truly knows to listen and behave like she should. But, that being said, for the most part she's doing very well.

I've had a few people ask for updated pics of her, so here you go. The first is the night we got her, way back in November:

This pic was taken just tonight, in the filth and toys of our family room. The bowls are exactly the same, just different colors. She's grown a bit, eh?

3 comments:

Mom In Progress said...

She is so stinking cute! She makes me want a great dane!! I can't believe how much she's grown. And I know what you mean about age and size. Sometimes people do that to my kids and it makes me sooo mad. We try.

Sarah said...

Goodness she is adorable! I already want another puppy, but I guess we need to wait until Kia is healed first :)

Do she & Sunny get along?

Carol said...

Wow, the bowl shrunk! : )