Thursday, February 19, 2009

She looks so sweet



And she is, she really is. But man, can she be a stinker! When I was pregnant with Mikayla, I told everyone that this baby would be our handful. She never stopped kicked and punching and rolling around in my belly, so why would being out of my belly be any different? At the time, Lilly was 2 and starting to show her funny, crazy personality, so everyone said "No, it will be Lilly! She's so much like her father!" Hahaha, I laugh at you all now!

Let's see...Mikayla is just a few months past her 2nd birthday. She was the first of our children to throw a full out temper tantrum. That's right, Alayna and Lilly never had a knock-down, drag-out tantrum. Mikayla had 2 in one day a few weeks ago. What about? We tried a dress on her and she refused to take it off. Threw herself on the dressing room floor, arms bent and clenched to her sides, feet flailing, lungs getting a heck of a workout. Yep, that was great. The second one that day? We had finally gotten the dress off and she wanted to put on a princess t-shirt Gramma was buying her. She started stripping in the check-outs at JCPenney and didn't like when I tried to keep her shirt on. Fun stuff.

This past weekend we were on a car ride and I looked back to check on the kids. Mikayla took one look at me and said "No, Mommy! Turn around!" If she's doing something and needs help, but I don't help her because I know she can do it, she responds with, "No, Mommy, YOU do it." Oh, it's such fun. She also has been known to "tell-off" random people with her gibberish and a pointed, shaking finger. No idea what she's saying, but her tone and mannerisms let you know it's not pleasant. And if you don't get told off but are on her list, she'll give you The Look. And she has it down almost as good as I do.

The latest? Just a few minutes ago I found her on the table. Yep, ON the table. When I told her to get down, she shook her head and said, "But I sit down!" She then put her thumb in her mouth and pointedly looked away from me. I guess I was dismissed. I didn't take the bait and promptly whisked her butt from the table. Two minutes later she was back up there. I don't know if it's because she has older siblings and kids here for daycare or what, but she's our handful, just like I always said she would be.

But don't get me wrong, she's also the sweetest thing. She's always randomly running up to give us hugs and kisses, telling us "I wuv you much" in her tiny little voice. She always says please and thank you, excuse me, and bless you, even when she herself sneezes. She likes to snuggle and be a helper. She's genuinely excited to see us or her sisters if we've been separated for awhile. But when she's got her groove on...watch out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

But it was the cutest temper tantrum ever!!! "My pretty dress!"

Anonymous said...

But it was the cutest temper tantrum ever!!! "My pretty dress!"

Anonymous said...

. . . and you should have seen her "twirl" in front of the 3-way mirror in that pretty dress. Too cute!
- Gramma -

Anonymous said...

. . . and you should have seen her "twirl" in front of the 3-way mirror in that pretty dress. Too cute!
- Gramma -

Heather Forcey said...

The story of stripping down at JC Penny's made me laugh. Sounds like something mine would do!