Friday, November 14, 2008

Them Darn Kids

With three little girls, you'd think that our house would be polite and proper and all ribbons and bows, right? Wrong. If any of you know Andy or I just one bit, you know that the previous sentence just couldn't be the case. Sure, I like girly things, but I also do plenty of things that most women would shudder at. Combine that with my husband, and we've got 3 not-so-girly girls (though they have their moments) They play with tractors and trucks, love to go "farming" with Dad and fart with wild abandon. Yes, they fart, and then they tell us all they did it and laugh about it, too. They don't understand why I don't fart like they do, but love when I let out a big belch. (Yup, now you all know my deep, dark secret!) Sometimes I wonder if they really aren't boys stuck in girl bodies. I hope not, that could cost some serious money later in therapy.

Anyway, yesterday Lilly and I were sharing a Sierra Mist while Alayna was at school and Mikayla napped. After taking a big swallow, Lilly looks at me with a big smile on her face and says, "Mommy, let's drink this pop and then we can burp REALLY loud when we're done!"

That's my girl!

No comments: