Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving. The meal is my favorite meal of all--turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, corn, broccoli, rolls, green bean casserole, yummy desserts (excluding pie, of course) Any other day of the year, that meal wouldn't taste as good. But on Thanksgiving, it's the best.

But Thanksgiving isn't about the food. It's about looking at our lives and seeing what it is that we are thankful for. This year, I am thankful for:

*my wonderful husband. He loves me when I'm at my worst and my best. He makes me laugh so hard at the simplest things, always lightening my mood. He is a wonderful father that loves his girls unconditionally. He works very hard every day to give the girls and I what we need and want.

*my 3 beautiful girls. They are all kind, loving souls. They are always willing to give me a hug or a kiss and aren't embarrassed by me...yet. They are good listeners and help out around the house so we can all enjoy time together.

*our family and friends. They are always there for us, no matter what. They are all such a great support group and source of fun, laughter, and love.

*our house. I know that all too many people don't have a place to call home, that they can decorate and take care of as much-or as little-as they please. In this time of so many foreclosures, I am especially thankful to have our home.

*our jobs. Andy's work is very much dependent on the economy and I am so thankful that he is still employed, when so many people are not. I am also thankful that I am able to stay home with my girls and bring in additional money by doing daycare.

*our health. So many people that I know have been struck with a medical emergency in the past year and I am incredibly thankful that none of those people have been very close to me.

*God. Without Him, none of the above would be possible.

2 comments:

Mom In Progress said...

What excellent wonderful things to be thankful for! And I am thankful for you as a friend. :)

Anonymous said...

Amen!