Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lap Dogs

I think I may be creating a monster! Marley is a great puppy-she hardly ever has accidents, she's sleeping better at night, she hasn't been super chewy or rambunctious. But she loves to snuggle! That's a wonderful thing, right? Of course, except that in a few short months she won't be able to snuggle without squishing me or one of the girls.

This puppy loves to be held. I love to hold puppies. Well, in the 4 days we've had her I have managed to turn her into a lap dog. Right now, she is whining and scratching at my feet because I don't have her in my lap. She looks at me with those big, sad, puppy dog eyes and I just want to pick her up and snuggle. But I can't. I have to stop doing that so much. When she's 130 lbs, I can't have her trying to crawl into everyone's lap for a nap. That won't do. That won't do at all.

1 comment:

Mom In Progress said...

It would be really funny. That's what I would be saying to myself as I tried to resist picking her up. Then again the 'small' children would be a serious issue. Sigh. No. 130lb lap dog is probably not a good idea with little kids. Kinda still funny but not good. Resist that urge!!! For the sake of your children's circulation!!