Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Smile for my Soul



Shhh, do you hear that?  The quiet whisper of a leaf, as it falls to the earth; the scamper of a squirrel, as it collects acorns; the honk of the geese, as they fly south to avoid the cold...It's Fall, or Autumn, or whatever you want to call the season that comes between Summer and Winter.   It's the season of crisp, cool temps and vibrant colors.  It's the season of work and preparation for the cold.  It's the season of football and long trail-rides with friends.  It's the season to start baking and cooking those yummy, hearty meals.  It's the season of harvest.  It's the season of reflection on the past year, which is about to hibernate.  It's the season that I hold most dear in my heart.

I love everything about Fall. I could have it for 9 months out of the year, with a month reserved for each of the other 3 seasons.  I cannot wait for the colors and the smells of this season each and every year.  I am so thankful that I live on such a wonderfully crafted planet, in an amazing country, in such a beautiful speck of that country.  Each day I step outside and take a deep breath, inhaling the scents and sounds of the falling leaves and scurrying animals.  It makes my soul smile.  What about Fall makes your soul smile?

Emily at Chatting at the Sky is asking us to unwrap something beautiful today.

7 comments:

Morgan said...

Such beautiful pictures! I'm living vicariously through you right now, Candy. It's still in the 100s right now. our Fall weather doesn't come until the beginning of November.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blog today! Almost made yo momma cry! ;-)

LeeAnne said...

I'm so jealous - it's still warm and humid here, though we've had enough cool mornings to make us all yearn for fall. I can't believe your trees are changing already!! Beautiful pictures!

Heather Forcey said...

I am CRAVING fall, and it's just not here in CA quite yet. I am very jealous of the beauty you get to see outside right now. Wish I could come visit to enjoy the crisp air and beautiful trees.

Dawn said...

i love that crisp fall air... and i long for it. thermometer out my window says 90*

Sharone said...

We're not quite in fall yet here in southern California, but I can't wait! I love the cool gustiness of dusk in October, the sense that holidays are just around the corner. Love your pictures! :)

Jo said...

I'm so with you on this. I love love love the fall. And I love your description here!