Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Baby Girl


My baby girl is out of school for the summer. That's right folks, Alayna is no longer a first-grader. She finished up the school year yesterday with a mix of emotions. She was excited for the start of summer and staying home with me and the other kids. She can't wait for warmer weather and trips to the park, playing in the water, riding horse and bike and power-wheels until she goes crazy. But this is Alayna I'm talking about. She also is sad that she no longer has to go to school. She'll miss her teacher. She's worried she'll get bored without any lessons and classes. She wants to make sure we will do activities to keep up her reading and math and social studies skills (which are already above her grade level, anyway) Yup, she's my girl. And I'll keep her busy with fun and intellectual things. Don't you all worry about that.

Oh, and I finally went in to the doctor. That thing I had last week and still have? It's a sinus infection and bronchitis. I'm cool. So I'm on my first course of antibiotics that I can remember since I was 13, and I think that was my first course of antibiotics ever! I get to pop a huge horse pill and take an inhaler. So far I'm not feeling any better, but they said 2-3 days. It's day 2.5.......

3 comments:

My Busy Boys said...

Wow- can you believe it. She is really growing.
I am glad that you went to the Dr. Hope you feel 100% soon
Love ya

One Crazy Chick! said...

She's beautiful!

I hope you are feeling better soon.

LeeAnne said...

I hope Maggie is as into school when she starts as Alayna is now. That's great! She is growing up SO fast ... I remember when she turned five and was excited about being "a whole hand." :)