Friday, June 6, 2008

Is it Sunday yet?

The girls always get grossed out when Andy and I kiss in front of them. Now we're not making out or anything, but they still give loud protests to a quick peck on the cheek or a good-bye kiss on the lips.

A few minutes ago I was teasing them that I was going to into the living room and kiss Daddy. As we sat on the floor talking, I saw Lilly's head peak around the corner. So I quickly grabbed Andy and pretended to kiss him. That resulted in squeals of disgust and Lilly racing into the room.

Lilly: Mommy, you can't kiss Daddy

Mommy: Why not?

L: Because you have to wait.

M: Until when?

Daddy: Yeah, when can Mommy kiss me?

L: Ummmmm, not til you get married.

M: Honey, we're already married.

L: Oh, that's right.

M: So, when can I kiss Daddy?

L: (thoughtful pause) How about Sunday?

I didn't promise her that, but agreed that Sunday sounded good. Why no promises? Because they are staying at Gramma's house tomorrow night while Grampa's gone. You know what that means...

3 comments:

One Crazy Chick! said...

I know what it means...

It means you won't have to buy Chinese food to keep them occupied.

Mom In Progress said...

Haha! That is Great. That's really cute they think its hilareous when you kiss. My boys only want to get kisses too! Boys vs. Girls...Too funny.

Desiree said...

LOL Oh that was great! I needed a laugh and that sure did it. Enjoy your weekend. ;)