Friday, June 13, 2008

It's about darn time!

I know, I know, it's been awhile. But the dog ate my homework. Wait, that's not right. Really, my excuse is the same it's been for the last 2 weeks. I'm still battling that stupid sinus infection/bronchitis combo. I am feeling better, and I barely cough now, but I'm battling the side effects. You know...the messy house, the bare cupboards and fridge, the neglected children and husband. Plus I have developed this side and/or rib pain that is incredibly painful to touch, think about, lay on, twist, cough, etc. I'm told it's just one of those things that happens when you were coughing like I was for as long as I was. Personally, I think I'm going down. I'd better get that will written up pretty quick because I think the end is near. Hopefully I'm just seeing the end of all this crap...my eyesight isn't all that great, after all.

So what's been going on? Well, Alayna's been enjoying her first week of no school. Me, not so much. It's great to have her home and spend more time with her. But seriously, when the girls are together 24/7, the honeymoon doesn't last too long. They'll be playing together so nicely and then within an instant they are hitting, kicking, screaming, crying. Then an instant later they are laughing hysterically and the cycle starts over again. It's great. You should be here.

We have had parties, meetings, store runs, storms, softball games and who knows what else in the last week, too. And there's more to come this weekend. Plus Andy just informed me that he's working tomorrow, too. Yay for the checkbook, not so much for my sanity. We have 3 things going on tomorrow...Vacation Bible School, a graduation party and Dairy Night for the 4H (June is Dairy Month people, go eat some cheese and ice cream and wash it down with some milk! That's my plan.) Of course, this is all going to happen between--what else--spotty thunderstorms! I love me a good storm, but enough is enough already.

But I can make it through. I'm tough, I can handle it. And it helps that I have some mixers and drinks in the fridge. And chocolate. And ice cream in the freezer. It's a good thing my energy is back up and I can resume my walking. I think I'll need it!

**I posted a bunch of pics below!

No comments: