Sunday, January 11, 2009

The End of our Year...In Pictures

So here we go, the big picture post I've promised for the last few weeks. First off, I'd like to thank Beth. If one of her kids hadn't broken her camera beyond repair, I still wouldn't have these pictures for you. But the camera was broken and it was the same as mine, so I inherited a new cord! Yippee! Now, that being said, I suggest you all take a trip to the restroom, maybe grab a snack and something to drink...you'll be here for awhile.


Andy and I both come from large families. Yeah right, you say, you each only have one sister. You are correct, but each of our parents have 4+ siblings that are all within 2 hrs distance to where we live. So yeah, we have large families and with large families come lots of big family gatherings. This picture is from my FIL's side of the family, a quiet moment with Mikayla before the chaos begins.


Ooooh, Hannah Montana jammies and slippers!

And disgust over Will's wrapping paper---duct tape. I thought it was hilarious, and the pic is even funnier yet!

Then we planted a forest of Rice Krispie trees. Unfortunately we don't get many "green" points for this forest, as it didn't stand long at all before being chopped down and fed to the fires of our bellies. Yum.
Then, right before Christmas, my dear friend Karla had her second baby girl, Lucy! Here are some pretty cute kids holding a pretty cute baby.



Then it was Christmas Eve. We lounged in the morning, then got all beautified and went to church. After church, we headed to my aunt's house for the gathering with my dad's side of the family. Aren't they all so pretty?


Then we headed to Andy's parents' house for our Christmas with them and his sister, Alicia, and her boyfriend, Anthony. More Hannah Montana...




Then it was time for Christmas morning! Would you believe that our girls were good enough that Santa came?! We had our little family Christmas in the morning, then headed to my mom's brother's house for Christmas with that side of the family.










The Friday after Christmas, my parents and sister came over for our Christmas between us. We had a nice brunch, then did presents. Mikayla got a new car as a joint Christmas and birthday present, Lilly got a V-Smile and Alayna got a new Mountain Bike!



Then, on Dec 29th, our baby girl turned 2! She loves telling everyone that she's 2 now, like "Larla's Emma" (my friend Karla-Lucy's mom-also has a daughter Emma who was 2 on Dec 26th...the girls are best friends)

It's winter in Wisconsin, so we got some snow and cold weather. The backyard looks so pretty.

But on New Year's Eve, Andy wasn't feeling up to partying. He was sick and wasn't feeling up to much at all. So, the girls and I went to our friends' house and let Daddy rest and recoup.



Shortly after New Years, we celebrated Alayna's 8th birthday! She had asked for a guitar so we obliged! Here's her cool rocker pose.


And that wraps up the last 3 weeks. I have tons of other pictures, but there isn't time or room for them all. These are the highlights. Aren't you so glad to know and see all that now?!

3 comments:

Heather Forcey said...

I loved all your pictures. I also love the necklace you are wearing in the New Year's Eve pic. Poor Andy looked like he was miserable. I look at the pictures of the snow covering all your play equipment, and I just can't fathom that being my backyard. So pretty.

Anonymous said...

. . . and it was about time! Gramma's been waiting!!! Very nice!

LeeAnne said...

Great pictures! Everything looks like such fun, and the girls are SO cute in their Christmas dresses! Happy bday to Mikayla and Alayna!