Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Off to a good start

So I know it's only one game, but I must say...The Packers look off to a good start and it makes me so happy! If I'm being honest, I was pretty unsure of how our team would do this year. They have a lot of the same team as last year, but at the same time a lot of the core players are different. And I'm not just talking Brett. He's gone and people need to move on. Geesh. This year's team is pretty young and they need time to meld together.

Well, last night they looked pretty well melded. Aaron Rodgers did a great job leading the team to their first victory last night, over their arch-rival MN Vikings. He was confident and commanding on the field. Hopefully he proved himself worthy to all those that have dismissed him just because he isn't Brett. That's not fair. The defense looked good, too. They sealed the game in the last minute with an interception. Way to go, Atari. All in all, it gave me hope for the season. Who knows what is going to happen in the coming months, but if they do like last night, they'll do just fine.

Now everyone say it with me...Go, Pack, Go!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It slipped my mind that it was Monday night football, and I called Nate. BIG MISTAKE. The Vikings losing to the Packers is the quickest way I know to put the Espeland men in bad moods! :)

Let the rivalry continue!!

Anonymous said...

If the Packers go only 2-14 this year - let the '2' be both against the vikings!!

GO PACK GO!

Mom! (aka Packer Paula)

Anonymous said...

Even I tuned into part of the packer game last night! Actually just enough to check the score and revel in the Packer lead!! There is life after Favre. Auntie Di