Wednesday, July 2, 2008

McKenna

See that big smile on my face? It's a three-fold smile...1) Who doesn't love to hold an itty, bitty, hours old baby?! 2) I'm so happy for my cousin that she had her little girl and everything went well for them both! 3) I felt NO baby fever whatsoever!!! I loved holding her, but then looked at my own three and had no inclination for more. Thank goodness for that vasectomy!

Seriously, though. Isn't she cute? My dear cousin Chrissa had little McKenna in the early morning hours on July 1. It was so surreal to look around the hospital room and see her holding her own little girl. I flashed back to the day I found out my aunt Carol was pregnant...we were rolling down the hill in front of Gramma's house and when we encouraged her to roll with us, she said "I can't, I have a baby in my belly!" Actually, she had two babies in her belly-Matthew and Chrissa. I loved being around them as babies and later I spent many days watching them while their parents worked. Their younger sister Brianna joined the family a few years later, and she was just as sweet. Then before I knew it, Matt was taller than me and Chrissa and Brianna were watching MY kids while I worked. And now here I was, congratulating Chrissa on the birth of her own little girl, while my 3 girls all oohed and ahhed over McKenna.




Welcome to the family and the world, little McKenna!

3 comments:

Heather Forcey said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your extended family! McKenna is beautiful! And yay that you aren't having baby fever! I guess you just know when your family is just right.

Mom In Progress said...

Oh those are soooo beautiful! There is nothing so sweet as seeing a new baby in the family. You know I never crave babies from other babies. Only my own make me want more. Sometimes when I watch baby videos I want more so badly but never when seeing other peoples babies. Weird huh?! Glad you had so much joy seeing her and so much happiness looking at your own girls.

Desiree said...

What a beautiful story! Congratulations to your cousin Chrissa and her family. McKenna is adorable and so itty bitty!! Your girls looked like they were so gentle when holding the baby.

Tag - You've also been Meme'd. Check out my blog for details: http://lifewith2daughters.blogspot.com/