Monday, July 7, 2008

I = TIRED!!!

Like usual, we went camping this past weekend. It was a lot of fun and the weather was perfect! Camping in northern WI over the Fourth is often hot, humid and accompanied by at least one good storm to send us running for cover. Not this weekend. The temps were in the low 80s and there was no humidity until yesterday, when we started packing up. Then it reached 88 and 70 degree dewpoints. But all weekend long the sun was shining, the breeze was light but just right, the nights were cool enough for a sweatshirt...it was about perfect camping weather.

So why am I so tired if I'm not exhausted from the heat? It's from those "relaxing" nights of staying up until 2 am or later. Seriously, I'm too old for this! HA! We just all have so much fun and lose complete track of time after the kids go to bed. Of course, when it doesn't get dark until 9:30, that messes with you, too. The adults stay up and we play badminton, horse-shoes, bean bag toss, rodeo golf (walla-walla balls) whatever. Then we get out the "mowers" and go for rides through the woods. It's just too much fun.

Then where are my pictures, right? They are in my mind and our friend Amy's camera. Why? Because when I took my camera out to take some pics, it wouldn't turn on. I tried 2 different sets of batteries and nothing worked, so I think it's done for. I hope not, but it has lasted us 5 years and about 3,000 pictures. We shall see.

Hope you all had a great and safe Independence Day!

1 comment:

Mom In Progress said...

Sounds like a blast! I don't blame you on the pics. I totally forgot to take some. I have very few and what I have is mostly in the dark with very strange flash effects. At least you have a GOOD reason for no pics. Oh well...fun is fun. And that 2am thing...that is so going to be us when we go camping. I'm tired just thinking of it.