Thursday, May 8, 2008

Return to Normalcy

Since Sunday, I've still been going on my walks, but taking other routes. My normal route was just not sitting well with me, considering what I encountered that night. Well, last night I decided it was time to go back the normal way. I love that route for 2 reasons: it's mostly uphill on the way, getting my heart pumping right away; and it has a very marked turn-around point for me, making it an even 2.5 mile round trip.

Anyway, I grabbed my cell phone, yelled for the dog and headed out. I was a little nervous when I reached the meadow, but nothing was in sight and Sunny wasn't smelling anything that caused her alarm, so we kept on truckin'. We made it to the DNR tower, turned around, and headed home. As we approached the meadow again, I was a little nervous since it was now about the time I had seen Mr Wolf this past weekend. Just as I relaxed and was halfway past the meadow...2 deer jumped out of the woods about 30 feet in front of us. I almost PEED. MY. PANTS. I'm not kidding you, I near wet myself and had a panic attack at the same moment. Just a deer, right? Right. I see anywhere from 2-8 each day on my walk. But those deer at that precise location, jumping out at me like the boogie-man, was almost too much for me to handle.

But I survived, and Sunny and I never saw (or smelled or heard) from our little friend. Thank God. I probably would have done a lot more than wet myself.

3 comments:

One Crazy Chick! said...

HOLY SMOKES BATMAN!

That is scary. I think I would have cried.

Anonymous said...

Just think it it had been a wild turkey or something real sinister!

Loveya - Mom

Candy said...

Oh Mom, it would have been a wild turkey if you were with and driving a CAR!

(to those of you who don't know, my mom has a history of hitting turkeys with her car and we never let her forget it!)