Thursday, May 22, 2008

Just for the record...

I am NOT going walking to the tower after 7:00 pm EVER AGAIN. Got that? So if you hear me say "Hmmm, time for a walk" and it's near 7:00, make sure I take a LEFT, not a right. That would be the hand that makes the correct L when you hold out your thumb. That's how Lilly knows which is which.

So tonight I was on my walk and I can honestly say that it was the first time since the incident that I was not nervous. I had been past that meadow a few times and seen nothing, the dog smelled nothing suspicious, I saw no tracks. The only sign I saw was a pile of poo on the shoulder of the road. I assume it was canine in nature because Sunny insisted on urinating on it and she wouldn't do that with just any 'ole pile. But wolf crap? It could have just as easily been the neighbor dog's. All was good. So tonight I sailed on by, listening to my CD and minding my own business. I got to the tower, turned around and headed home. I was about 40 yards from the edge of the meadow when Sunny suddenly stopped cold. I looked ahead and sure enough, that damn wolf emerged from the woods and trotted across the road. But what did he do first? Stop to smell his pile and the topping of urine from my dog. Then he sulked across the road and into his meadow.

I had enough. I turned on my tail and headed back towards the tower, away from home. Yet again, I wasn't about to walk past him. So I called my Knight in Shining Armor to come and save us. He picked us up and we headed home, stopping where I saw the wolf cross the road. Sure enough, next to his beloved pile of poo were some large tracks which were right next to Sunny's and just a few inches behind my shoe print from earlier. NO. THANK. YOU.

So next time I head out, remind me to GO LEFT!

4 comments:

Carol said...

SCARY!!!

Glad you & Sunny were picked up and taken home safely.

Anonymous said...

Get a treadmill!

Mom In Progress said...

yikes! That is crazy. Glad you are ok.

LeeAnne said...

Yikes! I love wildlife, but that's a little too close for comfort, even for me! I'm glad you and Sunny are both OK.