Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Going to Pieces

Our girls have always been quite healthy. Between the three of them there's only been 2 ER trips (both for Lilly and for the same thing, 24 hrs apart) 3 stitches (in Alayna's head) and only one course of antibiotics (for a mild ear infection Lilly had at 18 months). Sure, they've had the occasional cold or flu bug, but nothing serious and nothing much to write home about.


On Friday, I noticed that Lilly had some boogery eyes. The gunk was bright yellow and slimy. Cool, huh? Well, by Saturday the eye boogers were greenish in tint and stickier than they had been. Those suckers wouldn't let go of her eye lashes without a good fight, but eventually I prevailed. When she woke up on Sunday morning?


"Mommy?! I fink my eyes are stuck. I can't open them!" Thankfully she didn't freak out and actually thought it was kind of funny to have Mommy lead her to the potty and treat her like a baby. After a warm wash cloth and some kisses, she was all good again (though she liked when only one eye opened up and she looked like a pirate!) The same thing happened Monday morning and again this morning. Then I noticed that she couldn't hear me very well. And it wasn't the way that she can't hear me when I tell her to do something or to quiet down. She really couldn't hear me that well. So, off to the doctor we went. We left feeling like a drug store...eye drops for borderline pink eye and 2 bottles of amoxicylin for a double ear infection.


When I got home, Mikayla was down for her nap. When she woke up, she felt a little warm so I took her temp. The thermometer was still slowly going up, but she wasn't going to allow it to finish its reading. The reading I got was 100.8 and rising, so she had a bit of a fever. Of course she did, right? After a dose of Tylenol, she was feeling cooler and more normal. And all of this goes along with this...



The first black eye for any of our girls, too. You can't tell very well in the picture, but it's there under her right eye. She didn't want to sit for a picture by herself (which is very rare, she's usually a ham) so together we posed and I was able to capture a pic that you could at least kinda see her shiner. In person, it's pretty dark. Yesterday she was running through the living room and tripped over a toy, hitting her eye socket on the frame of a chair.

Alayna is, so far, unscathed. When I called Andy at work to tell him about the doctor's apt, he made a comment along the lines of "What will Alayna come home with?" I told him to bite his tongue, as they were doing climbing in gym class. That's just what we'd need!

4 comments:

Mom In Progress said...

Hehe! Welcome to my world! No, really I'm glad they are all ok, but doen't things seem to happen all at once. Doc has this darn saying about things coming in threes and he always starts when number 2 hits and then I'm on edge. What's next?! I'm glad they are on the mend. The black eye is kinda cute. I have pics of Jack's really good one and it still cracks me up.

One Crazy Chick! said...

We got our first black this past week too Candy! I'm so glad everyone is okay.

LeeAnne said...

Sorry about Mikayla's black eye, but I just have to say that you look GREAT in that photo! :)

Candid Carrie said...

The picture of the two of you looks great, my arms aren't nearly long enough to pull off something like that, lucky!

That picture on the top of your site is incredible. They look so happy, healty, and very very pink!

I love it!