Saturday, March 8, 2008

This is the life

Most of you who read this know that Andy and I can be quite goofy at times. We both have similarly odd senses of humor, which can be a blessing and a curse all at once, if you know what I mean. We also have a large variety of musical tastes, so I have uploaded many of our cd's to the computer for specialized play lists. So last night was a normal Friday night, meaning it was a family night. I was getting supper ready, the girls were playing in the family room, music was playing on the computer and Andy was looking at trucks/SUVs on the internet (his vice for when he's bored) So here's how the early evening panned out...

The old song "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" starts playing on the computer as I come downstairs from the kitchen. Supper is in the oven for the next 25 minutes, so I playfully pull Andy out of the computer chair for a dance. We exaggerate our slow dance in the living room, laughing and listening to the nice slow song, when....A child bounces off of my butt and goes careening across the room, laughing hysterically. You would have thought she bounced off a trampoline. Then her older sister sees what happened, and runs into Andy's behind, following suit and ricocheting across the family room, bouncing off the couch when she lands. They both laugh like it's the funniest thing ever. Andy and I try to remain our composure, still trying to "slow dance" as the kids periodically bounce off our lower bodies. Then I feel a little hand hitting my leg. We look down and Mikayla is standing there, looking up at us with big eyes and saying "Up, up, up" in her sweet little voice. So we scoop her up and she dances with us, while her sister's continue to run chaos around us.

Ruined romantic moment? Sure, maybe a little bit. But we wouldn't trade that moment, or the thousand others like it, for anything. It's part of our life and where we are right now. And that's worth every second.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love moments like those!

Heather

Carol said...

Way cute. That sounds like our house too. : )