Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Mom & Dad!

Today is my parents' 31st wedding anniversary. Wow, huh? Very few marriages last that long, or even a fraction of that time, and it's really such a shame. To make it 31 yrs is not only rare, it's something very special. Sure, their marriage hasn't been perfect, but no marriage ever is. The thing is, they've made a commitment and they have kept it. For better or for worse, for richer or poorer. And to be honest, they still have those moments that kids hate...where they gross me and my sister out with things we don't want to think about our parents doing, even though we know they do those things. You all know what I'm talking about.

So here's to Mom and Dad! May you have another 31 years or more to enjoy, irritate, and love one another. We love you both so much!

Here's a family picture taken almost a year ago at my Gramma's birthday party... Lilly, Andy, Me, Mikayla, Alayna, Mom, Dad and my sister


I posted earlier, too, so check below

3 comments:

Carol said...

Congrats to your parents--that really is a true achievement these days (which is a sad truth!) Your mom looks so cute! : )

Mom In Progress said...

Love the family pic! Congrats to some great parents and a long and happy marriage!

LeeAnne said...

Your mom looks so young! (I hope she takes that as a compliment ... that's how I mean it!) Congrats to them both! My parents celebrated their 40th in December, and Bobby and I will celebrate our 10th on Friday -- here's to lots of long, happy marriages!