Friday, August 24, 2007

100 things about me...

My friend Kandace recently did this on her blog and I loved reading her responses. So, here are 100 things you may or may not know about me:

1. I am 26 years old.
2. I have only one sibling, my sister Amanda, who’s 28.
3. Some people honestly think that in 10 yrs of being together, Andy and I have never noticed our names rhyme. For the record, we have.
4. I have never been on vacation with my husband for more than two nights or more than 200 miles from home.
5. My favorite place to be is at home, cuddled up with my hubby and kids.
6. I was convinced during each of my 3 pregnancies that each child was a boy. They were all girls.
7. We never found out their sex before their births.
8. Andy and I were kind of scared we’d have twins because it’s on both sides of our family quite heavily.
9. I have always wanted twins.
10. We are done having children.
11. I loved being pregnant.
12. Growing up, I didn’t like my full name and only my dad’s side of the family called me Candyce. Now I don’t mind Candyce at all.
13. I love a good rainy day, and especially a nice rain at night when it's nice enough to sleep with the windows open and listen to the rain.
14. I got engaged in the morning and my Gramma died that night.
15. She never knew about our engagement. My parents were on vacation and we were waiting to share the news when they got back.
16. I never knew that I could love anyone more than Andy until our girls came along.
17. Alayna’s middle name is after my great-Gramma.
18. Lilly’s middle name is after my Gramma and Andy’s Gramma.
19. Mikayla’s middle name is after my great-Grampa.
20. Until I was 20, I had all 4 grandparents.
21. I still have 2 that are alive.
22. I am the only person I know who had a halter-style wedding dress.
23. Andy’s friends wrote “help me” on the bottom of his shoes so it would show when we knelt during the ceremony.
24. I have known Andy since kindergarten.
25. He asked me “out” in 8th grade and I turned him down.
26. I used to think he was a geek.
27. I love being a daycare provider for my friends.
28. I sometimes wish I was just a stay-at-home mom.
29. I have a hard time remembering to pay bills on time.
30. I hate having to pay bills and loathe giving away that money.
31. I check my bank balance daily because I’m paranoid about our finances.
32. I wish my husband spent more time with us as a family.
33. I know he wishes the same thing.
34. But he’s too nice and can’t say no to people who ask for his help.
35. My favorite movie is 'The Ghost and the Darkness'.
36. I know very few people who have actually seen that movie.
37. My play list on the computer contains country, classic 80s, 80s rock, 80s rock ballads, current hits, classical, christian, and new-age music.
38. I listen to pretty much anything except for rap, hip hop, and R&B.
39. I am a sucker for a slow song.
40. I love game shows and Jeopardy is my favorite. I must say that I am pretty darn good at it, too.
41. I love to play games, especially board games.
42. I am a trivia fanatic.
43. My favorite tv show is ‘Grey’s Anatomy’.
44. I fell off a horse the first time I ever rode one.
45. I have been riding ever since.
46. I talk to my horse like she’s human.
47. I love big dogs and dream of one day owning a Great Dane.
48. I have never been fired from a job.
49. I can type an insane amount of words per minute, with very few mistakes.
50. I just bought new slipcovers for my couch because of a huge rip on one cushion.
51. I had a meltdown because I was told the slipcovers were a set but was sent only the love seat.
52. I enjoy mowing the lawn.
53. My favorite color is red.
54. I probably own 15 shirts in different styles and shades of red.
55. I would wear jeans every day and everywhere if I could.
56. I always have my toenails painted.
57. I paint my fingernails maybe once a year.
58. I like Andy with his head and face shaved.
59. I actually like him with a goatee, too, as long as he keeps it trimmed.
60. My favorite facial feature of Andy’s is his eyes, followed shortly by his dimple.
61. None of our girls inherited his dimple.
62. I love to scrapbook but I’m terribly behind on the girls’ books.
63. My favorite cologne is Drakar Noir and I refuse to buy anything else for Andy.
64. I never wear perfume myself.
65. I have a hideous mole on my toe that I want removed. People always think it’s a wood-tick.
66. I love shoes, but I hate wearing them and would rather be barefoot or in sandals.
67. I am 9” shorter than my husband, and I’m 5’6”.
68. I’m scared that my girls will be the tall kids in class and get teased. They all are already taking after Andy in height.
69. I always try to open doors for older people in the grocery store, post office, etc.
70. I also always try to smile at people.
71. I love to read but rarely get time to do it.
72. I have always wanted to be a novelist and have written numerous stories since I was about 12. When I’m done, I delete them.
73. I still hope to some day be a novelist.
74. My favorite meal is Thanksgiving dinner, minus the pumpkin pie.
75. As a rule, I hate pie, though I make 2 exceptions with fresh strawberry and French Silk.
76. I love just about anything chocolate or caramel.
77. Someday I hope to go on a photo safari, not killing safari.
78. I also hope to go to Europe someday and tour all the old castles.
79. I have a very cheesy sense of humor (think Mel Brooks, Austin Powers, Adam Sandler, etc)
80. I also have a very naughty sense of humor.
81. When I get too tired, I think everything is funny.
82. I am absolutely terrified of June Bugs.
83. I also hate cotton balls or anything resembling that texture. I now have goosebumps thinking about it.
84. I have lots of texture issues, especially with food. Soggy is a HUGE no-no.
85. I am listening to Amazing Grace on the bagpipes right now.
86. I used to be addicted to Mt. Dew and now I have maybe 2 sips every 2-3 months, and then I’m wired for hours.
87. I constantly worry about my parenting and if I’m doing the right things to help my girls be the best adults/parents/wives they can be.
88. Our shower only gets a good scrub-down 2-3 times a year.
89. I hate mopping the floors.
90. I have a very sensitive nose and can smell things others can’t. Smells that are just right for others are usually too strong for me and cause headaches (like perfumey smells).
91. I want to go on a vacation with only Andy very badly, but worry that I’ll be so absorbed w/ being w/o the kids that I won’t enjoy myself.
92. I have only flown once and that was when I was in First grade.
93. I watch the news every night b/c I have to know what is going on in the world. I almost always hate what I hear.
94. I need to go through the entire house and de-clutter.
95. I am notorious for keeping things “for later” and never end up using them.
96. I probably have over 50 plastic bags in my broom closet right now.
97. My favorite time of year is fall. Actually, I would love 6 months of fall (w/ the temps, smells, sights, etc lasting all 6 months) and then 2 months each of winter, spring and summer.
98. We always eat a family dinner at the table.
99. I love milk but don’t like to drink it out of a plastic cup.
100. I really hope anyone reading doesn’t think I’m corny or strange or whatever for some of the things I disclosed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you wanted to be a novelist!! I always thought it was an equine vet!!

I still have your "I'm a Tree" story! And still love reading it every once in a while!

Love you!
Mom

Mom In Progress said...

Haha,...I love it!! I want to secretly be a novelist too, but I write lots of stories and never finish them. I always feel like I haven't found 'THE' idea. Oh and If I get stationed in Europe I'll find out which Castles are a MUST see. I think your tall girls are the best...my Tall boys would be IN LOVE!!