Thursday, October 15, 2009

What's up with toys these days?

Lately, we've been having some pretty naughty toys.  I don't know what they have to act out against, honestly.  They have nice cozy homes in the toy box, bins or shelves; they have tons of other toys to play with; the kids are generally nice to them; and the dogs leave them alone, for the most part.  Sounds like a pretty good life for a toy, right? 

So why are they acting out?!  The other day, Diego got all lippy and said something was "stupid."  Well, stupid is a word that we don't use in our home, and he knows it.  He was tattled on by Mikayla and promptly put in the corner for time-out.  Then only minutes later, his sister Alicia said the same naughty word, was tattled on by Mikayla, and also put into time-out.  Those siblings are trouble, I tell you.  Not only that, but apparently they've been saying those naughty words to the other toys and continuing to spread their mischief.  Mikayla just came up to me with a CareBear--a CareBear of all things, who are supposed to be kind and caring--and told me he called her stupid.  What am I going to do with all these rule-breakers?

I took the CareBear, and Mikayla, in my lap and reiterated that stupid is not a good word to say and we don't use it in our home.  Then I told Mikayla that her toys needed to stop saying it as well.  She was incensed that I was talking to her about it.  "Mommy, my no say it!  The CareBear did!"  Clever, but I wasn't born yesterday.  The funny thing is, the CareBear never did say it.  Not in it's beary voice or Mikayla's, I was within earshot the whole time.  She's obviously just trying out limits to see what will happen when she/someone says something that's "naughty."  This littlest princess of ours has always kept us on our toes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gramma will not for one nano-second believe that that sweet darling little Mikayla did that! Have you NOT seen Toy Story - must I remind you of the "snort"?! :-)
Do not trust the toys!

Gramma is here for you Mikayla!

Heather Forcey said...

This is the cutest story! I always was suspicious of that Diego! And the think that a Carebear is causing such a ruckus! This was a great story to get written down!