Thursday, October 30, 2008

It counts as exercise in my book

I go to the gym pretty regularly, but this past week has been rough. I've been sidelined by a head cold that is playing games with me, acting like it's going to let up one day and then knocking me out the next. It's great. I'll send it to anyone who wants to try a sampling. Just let me know...

So last night was supposed to be my gym night and I just didn't have it in me to go. I mean seriously, I could barely make it up all 1,845 stairs when we went up to get ready for bed. And that's when I realized that Lilly's bed wasn't made from washing her sheets. No big deal, right?

Wrong. Lilly sleeps on the top bunk and let me tell you, putting sheets and blankets on that mattress are far from "no big deal." It sucks. You have to lift the mattress to put on the fitted and flat sheets. But you also have to be sitting on said mattress because it's as tall as your head. And factor in the custom railing Andy built so Miss Lilly wouldn't fall out...I got in my workout. I didn't go to the gym, but I got in my workout. Yes indeedy I did.

4 comments:

LeeAnne said...

I agree completely. Anything that causes you to sweat when you weren't previously doing so is exercise in my book. :)

Mom In Progress said...

making top bunks stinks. The beds themselves...cool. The prospect of cleaning the sheets once you get them home and put together and all...a major pain in the arse. I wash the top sheets less. Just murphy's law. Cuz I know if I strip them I have to get them back on and that is very very hard. I feel for you doing it while not feeling so hot.

Heather Forcey said...

That is definitely a workout. We don't have bunk beds yet, but I don't even like making Evan's bed. I have to go hopping all over like a frog to get the sheets on. You got some great exercise there!

Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com