Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm not that old...

Saturday morning I went on a trail-ride with some friends. As I was brushing my hair and getting ready to go, Lilly wandered into the bathroom. She watched as I put moisturizer on my face and then asked, "Mommy, is that sunscreen so you don't get burned today?"

"No, honey, it's moisturizer so my skin stays nice," I said as I rubbed extra cream around my eyes.

"Lilly," Alayna says, in her 'I-know-more-than-you-do older sister voice', "Mommy has these things called bags under her eyes. She's trying to get rid of them."

Thanks, darling child of mine. Yes, I have bags under my eyes sometimes from too little sleep or too much going on or how many other million things. But to point them out?! And then educate her little sister on them?! That was a step or two too much. Sure, there have been days where they are more suitcases than bags. But there have been plenty of days where they aren't there at all. Now I have to wonder about who I think I've been kidding. Look what came in the mail today:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! Don't worry, you are still young and fresh- don't let them yung 'uns getcha down! What's really bad is when your teenager tells you- "Gee mom, when you style you hair like that, you can hardly notice the grey!" Di