Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall in Love With Fall

I was looking out our front window this morning, noticing how bare the trees have gotten and how colorful our yard now is. The leaves have fallen into a nice blanket on the grass, most of them have turned brown, and the frost is present almost every morning now. And then I realized...I had promised some pics of the beauty of our area this time of year. I took those pictures, but I never posted them! So here you go. All of these pictures were taken within 4 miles of our house, some of them right in our yard!

For our anniversary last year, Andy bought me an apple tree. We were told it wouldn't produce apples for at least a year, if not two, but this fall it produced 2 apples! The first blew off the tree awhile ago, but this one lasted. We ate it shortly after taking this picture and it was so good!

A bush in our front yard

Looking out our driveway from the house
End of the driveway, in the front yard
Tree in our horse pasture
Lake near our house
Road about 2 miles away from our house
Another lake near our house

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Those pictures are beautiful!!! I just love fall; it's my favorite season! This is more like what I was hoping to see in the Smokies, but the colors are changing later this year. You've got some gorgeous scenery around your home! I can't get over how pink that apple is!

Carol said...

Beautiful! We're just about at peak color around here right now...it was super foggy around here this morning and I was wishing I had my good camera handy because it was just so amazingly beautiful with those brilliant leaves enveloped in fog!

Alicia said...

BTW, I love your new header pic for your blog!