Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Red vs White vs Green

I know there are some of you that read and don't actually know us. If that's the case, I'll fill you in on something about us--we live in the country and we LOVE it. Andy grew up on a farm, I grew up around farms, and we are very much country people at heart.

So you know how there are always the on-going "fights" between people over Pepsi or Coke; Ford, Dodge or Chevy; pretty much any brand of something vs another. Well, in the country, and especially in the farming world, the fight is over colors...of tractors. Here's a conversation I overheard the other day while driving down the road.


Lilly: Alayna! Look at those really big tractors!

Alayna: Those are International tractors, because they're red. If they were white, they'd be Case and if they were green, they'd be John Deere. We don't like John Deere. Daddy won't let us.


Yup, that's right. In our world, the only tractors worth having are the non-green ones. And the kids know it from birth. It's like learning your body parts and your letters and numbers. You learn what tractor color is acceptable.

**A few of you have asked why Andy doesn't like John Deere. And to be honest, I have no idea. I don't know if it stems from experience or if it's one of those things that's just been handed down, like a preference to Ford over Chevy, etc. I'll have to ask him and get back to you all...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by! My FIL collects model tractors, and I know these well!

Heather Forcey said...

That is so funny! But I gotta ask...what's wrong with John Deere? Very cute that the kids know what is right and wrong!

Sydney said...

Thanks for visiting yesterday. I come from the land of John Deere tractors and my FIL works at a John Deere dealership/repair shop as a mechanic. All my 3 year old son has is John Deere green, except for the bright red International one my brother just bought him for his birthday. My son seemed very confused.

Alicia said...

Oh, my DH is a big JD fan! I'm curious, too. What does Andy have against JD tractors?