Friday, August 8, 2008

The Olympics

I have something to confess...I'm a HUGE fan of the Olympics. I love watching all the different sports and how so many countries are represented and can come together, hopefully putting aside their differences, for these 16 days or however long it is.

My favorite event in the Summer Olympics is Equestrian, of course. There is nothing like watching a gorgeous horse at the absolute peak of physical and mental condition, working through difficult dressage routine or jumping insanely high fences. It's just amazing. Unfortunately, these events aren't as widely appreciated as most, so I need to find them on obscure channels at odd times. But that's fine by me. I make do.

I also love to watch the gymnastics, swimming, diving, track and field...I'll watch any and/or all of it. I really don't care what the event is that's on at the time. And I'm as equally unprejudiced during the Winter Olympics, too. There's just something about the games in general that I really enjoy. I know it's not for everyone, but for me...it is.

No comments: