Thursday, December 27, 2007

We survived...sort of

We survived another busy holiday, thankfully. We were surrounded with family and friends who all showered us with lots of love and laughs. It was a great time all in all.

Friday night a bunch of us friends got together and the ladies baked cookies while the guys played cards. We had a blast and baked (and ate!) way too much. But it was a great way to get together with friends and kick off the Christmas weekend. Saturday we had Andy's dad's side of the family here for their gathering. I think it ended up being 26 people here, but I'm not sure. It was a good day. Sunday we hung out at home after going to church. We lounged around, watched the terrible Packer game, and just bummed. Monday was Christmas Eve, so we had my sister and parents over for brunch and present opening between us. Then we headed to church and then Andy's parents' house for dinner and presents with them. Tuesday morning we had our family Christmas between the 5 of us and Santa, then my mom's side of the family came over. I think that time it was 24 people. Again, a great time with lots of laughs and good times. Yesterday I took the day off of daycare to recoup and just enjoy the girls and their new toys.

It sounds like everything went well, right? Well, the reason I titled this "We survived...sort of" is because of the bumps that came along with all the good things. Like Alayna getting sick on Sunday evening, or Mikayla getting sick in the middle of Christmas Eve church service. Or how about Alayna and Lilly getting too wild on their new see-saw and Lilly's nose smashing into the handlebars, giving her her first bloody nose (a double one, at that) and a scraped lip. Now Lilly was sick during the night last night and Andy attempted to go to work, but only made it 12 miles before he turned around and came back. So needless to say, I'm just waiting for my turn and in the meantime, drinking tons of water and making sure to take my vitamins!

I hope you all had a safe, healthy and very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Mom In Progress said...

Yum! Your cookie baking makes me want to get settled and make up for those traditions we missed. Then again we got loads of Grandma cookies to take home. Sorry about the sickies and I hope you don't get it!