Friday, December 14, 2007

Holiday fun

I am very much looking forward to this weekend. We have a lot planned and tt should be a lot of holiday fun with friends and family.

First off, tonight we are going to watch my cousin play basketball. We haven't been to one of her games yet, but I've heard she's doing really well. While playing JV the other night, she scored 16 pts! So even though she's playing against our school, we don't know any of the older kids anyway, so we'll cheer on Brianna! Good luck and we'll see you there!

Tomorrow, Andy and I are joining my parents for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert. I am very excited, as they are among my tops for Christmas music. I love how they take the traditional songs and give them a bit of a rock flair, without taking away from the music. If any of you have not heard their music, I highly recommend it. By the way, they are the ones who do the music on the Christmas lights show I displayed in a previous post.

After the show, we are meeting up with our friends (who will have the girls-thanks again for watching them while we're at the concert!) and my sister to watch the Holidazzle Parade. It's a great tradition that we try to do every year, though the weather isn't always permitting with our young children. But we try. Anyway, the parade is full of people wearing lighted costumes that are snowflakes, candies, elves, etc. The floats are all lighted and playing Christmas music and it's just such a magical experience for the little ones--and the big ones, too.

Once the parade is over, we hit the Old Spaghetti Factory for some yummy food. My personal fave is the spinach tortellini, but Alayna will tell you they have the best spaghetti ever! We shall see, because she's said the same about mine before. Then we cap off the night with games and fun at our friends' house. It's always a great weekend and something that I look forward to all holiday season. I'm sure I'll have pictures come Monday, but don't hold me to it.

No comments: