Friday, December 28, 2007

Guilty

At 12:45 this morning, we woke up to a loud crash and a yelp. Obviously, Andy and I both jumped out of bed and ran downstairs to see what had happened. This is what awaited us as we entered the living room...

And this is the one who committed the crime...


Her motive? We think it was the ham bone that she had for dinner. She loved it, but it must have left her a bit thirsty, as both her water bowls were empty (but had been filled when we went to bed). When we put 2 and 2 together, we realized that she must have been going for the water in the tree stand. I was planning on taking down the trees this morning, but poor Sunny beat me to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was just tryin to help!

She didn't know any better - she's just a little dog! :-)

Mom In Progress said...

Hehe, too funny. I kept worrying that would happen this year after the first tree we saw at a friends was taken down by their kitty trying to climb it. I felt so bad but so thankful it wasn't my kids and it was a cute kitty and not the first time I guess. Whew! Sorry about your tree!

Anonymous said...

Sonny just wanted to help you pack the tree away! That crash in the night would have scared the daylights out of me!

Heather