Thursday, December 20, 2007

Nightmares

I have always had very vivid dreams. Most people barely remember that they even dreamt in a night, and I can tell you the color of my shirt, brand of car, full name of the stranger I met, etc. It's always humorous to Andy when he says, "I dreamt I was in Africa," and that's all he remembers. I then go on to tell him my entire movie.

Andy and Alayna are both in a wedding in early January and we recently got the itinerary for the big day. One thing mentioned was that there will be transportation provided from the wedding to the reception for the wedding party. Apparently, this was on my mind as I drifted into dream-world last night...

In my dream (or nightmare) I arrived at the reception site with our younger two girls and chatted with friends while waiting for the wedding party to arrive. As I talked with a friend I hadn't seen in awhile, she asked where Alayna was. I told her that she was in the limo with the rest of the wedding party, and the friend swore that she saw Alayna at the church after the limo left. Of course, I called Andy's cell phone immediately and kept getting his voice-mail. I asked around to anyone and everyone, and they all had conflicting times and stories of when they'd last seen Alayna-but most said it was after the limo left. I was in a state of panic, bawling, and willing myself to wake up (I have this ability in my dreams, too. Weird, I know.) I must have heard Andy's alarm go off, because in my dream it was my cell-phone ringing. I saw it was Andy, answered it and screamed "Where is Alayna?! Is she in the limo?!" Apparently, I yelled that in real life, because Andy shook me awake to see what was going on. He said my heart was racing and I had tears streaming down my face...

This time of year, aren't I supposed to be dreaming of sugar-plums and dancing fairies? Geesh. I really don't like my very vivid dreams sometimes, and last night was one of those nights. But rest assured, we checked on Alayna and she was sound asleep in her bed, probably dreaming of those fairies and plums.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you getting just a little stressed??? :-)