Monday, December 31, 2007

Our Baby Girl is 1

Mikayla had her first birthday on Saturday, December 29th. I knew the day was coming, but it was all so bittersweet. As a parent, I want to see her grow and thrive and learn new things. I am excited and proud when she masters a new skill or learns a new word. But, I am still just a parent, and I realize that times goes WAY too fast. I miss the days of endless snuggles and complete reliance on me. But now, she's too busy to snuggle with Mommy...I might hold her back from exploring a new part of the living room or enjoying a laugh with her sisters.


I think it's harder on me this time because she's our last baby. With Alayna and Lilly, I knew that we would most likely have more, so the baby-ness was more on hold than it was gone. But as everyone says, you can't stop time. And since I can't stop it, I may as well enjoy it. So without further ado, here are some pictures and videos from Miss Mikayla's first birthday.






1 comment:

One Crazy Chick! said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY!!!!

WOW tile flieS! I can't believe she is already 1, what a big day. I hope all it is well.