Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Day All About ME! (and all the other Moms out there)

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year!  I've been meaning to post these pics for awhile, but honestly I forgot until my friend Lexey posted on her blog (thanks Lex!).  I posted earlier about how I was woken to Sunny and her run-in with some fishing lures, but nothing about my great gifts and love!  Alayna was trying to surprise me with breakfast in bed, but we didn't have enough milk for pancakes and only 1 egg (yeah...I needed to grocery shop)  Instead, we all had toast with peanut butter and raspberry jelly or cereal, and I opened my wonderful, thoughtful gifts from the girls.  They are truly the best kids I could have asked for to make me a Mommy.  Every day I am so thankful for having them in my life!

This first series of photos is from a book Lilly made for me at school.  She also made the handprint plaque.  Then it's a card that Alayna made, with coupons for me to redeem.  I didn't take a pic of my other gift, but it's the entire series of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman on DVD, including the 2 movies they made.  I have loved that show since it was on TV and watch re-runs on GMC all the time.  The girls have really gotten into watching it with me, so we're going to start from episode 1 and watch in sequence all the way to the end.

 
 
  
 

 


 








(Anyone want to teach me how to do those cool collages that I see on other blogs?  I didn't want to do them all in a row because that would be forever long...)

Lilly's Book reads: Happy Mother's Day.  My mom is the most wonderful mom in the word!  Her name is Candy.  She's pretty as a prinses.  She is 29 years old.  She weighs 90 pounds and is 30 tall.  She has blue eyes and brown hair.  Her favorite food is guockamoly.  In the good old days when she was little, she used to rid hoersis.  I think Mom is funny when she goes cross eyed.  But I know she's really angry when I don't lisin.  I wouldn't trade my Mom for lots of candy.  I love my Mom because I love her and she loves me.  Happy Mother's Day, Mom!  Love, Lilly.  (She also made me a card that says To: Mommy from: Lilly.  I love you a lot!  Happy Mothers Day!  And you are the best mom in the world!  But it won't post pics of that for some reason)

Alayna's card reads: Happy Mother's Day.  You are the best mom in the world.  Love: Alayna  This flower coupon is good for: cleaning the living room, a daughter/mom movie night, and breakfast in bed.

1 comment:

Mom In Progress said...

So wonderful! I LOVE Mother's day! Not to be spoiled but to see the love they put into things. It's so precious.