Monday, November 16, 2009

Welcome to the World, Eddie!

This morning, one of my very best friends delivered her third baby, a little boy they named Edwin and will call Eddie! We are so very thrilled for their whole family!

Nick (the dad) and I have known one another since I was born. We grew up going to church and school together, though he was in my sister's grade. When he was in college, he met Andrea and they later got married. That's when the trouble began. Andrea and I are very much alike, but also different in ways that compliment each other. We're both chatty and a little crazy. We have similar life and parenting styles, a lot of the same interests...We also look somewhat alike, which garners a lot of comments like, "Are you two sisters?" when we're out in public, especially when we were pregnant together and due only 7 weeks apart! Lilly and Roz are the best of friends, and they also have another daughter Clara, who is only a few months younger than Mikayla. Andrea and I talk at least every other day, we get together for girls' nights or family nights, we go on mini-vacations together and watch each other's kids. We know one another's families. It's like we're family, too, not just friends. I couldn't be happier for them right now.

Welcome to the world, Eddie! I can't wait to meet you later tonight and get to know you over the coming years!

1 comment:

Mom In Progress said...

That is so exciting!! Congrats!!!