Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Some Days

Some days I just cannot do it all. Shocker, right? Lately, those days have been more and more often. I don't know if it's because I've been reading some books that just Cannot. Be. Put. Down. or because the weather has been so wacky or if I'm just becoming lazy. Whatever it is, my house is falling apart. I have folded laundry all over the living room, the family room looks okay at best, my dishes are done but the counter is almost unseen under all the mail to be sorted, and the entryway is like a field full of land-mines disguised as shoes. It's driving me nuts, but not enough to give me ample motivation to get off the computer or put down the book. I do enough to get by, and that's about it. It's killing me.

So if you've seen my Motivational Cleaning Lady, please send her my way. Maybe it's a him. I don't know. I know...Billy Mays can be reincarnated as a Motivational Cleaning Guy. He'd get me going and off my butt. And I'll even let him live in a van, down by the river if he wanted to!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Ugh, sorry to hear it's not all sunshine & rainbows...

Funny because I was feeling so the opposite today (see my blog, ha.) But truly I know exactly how you're feeling. I'll send some of my current energy & motivation your way (until it runs out, which it inevitably will....that's life, right?)

Heather Forcey said...

Oh I hear ya Candy! I always have such high ambition to get things organized and clean during the summer when I have more time. Yet, it always backfires on me. I end up using that extra time to read, lounge, watch movies, etc. It seems like I am always able to stick with routines when I am working. Go figure. Let us know what finally gets you motivated! I need some of that!