Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Details Emerging

I love when I'm gone overnight to a scrapping retreat or a mini-vacation like this past weekend. I'm not talking about the relaxation and rejuvenation that I feel, though I do. I'm talking about hearing the details of the girls' weekend with Dad. I love hearing what they do that they thought was just great or fun or funny.

**Alayna: Mom, Daddy took us to church but he got a little confused with our hair.

Me: What did you do, just leave your hair down?

A: No, we brought the brush and a few pony-holders to church and Gramma helped us before it started.

**Mikayla came into our room yesterday morning around 6:30 like she does most mornings. Since I had arrived home near midnight, she didn't know I was there. She climbs into bed, gives me a hug and says "Hi Daddy!" When she realized it was me, she got super excited. Anyway, I was telling Andy about it and he starts laughing..."Each morning this weekend she came in and told me "Hi Mommy!" Now she's used to it being me and gets it wrong again." Of course, he's gone most mornings by the time she gets up, but poor girl just couldn't get it right!

**Lilly was excited to tell me that they stayed up until 11:00 on Saturday night, watching tv in MY bed in MY spot with Daddy.

**Mikayla then had to tell me that they watched the "funny ephant" movie (Horton Hears a Who--Horton is an elephant)

**Alayna was showing me her painted finger-nails and then told me that Daddy had painted her right hand (you all know how hard it is to paint with your "dumb hand" as Andy calls it) "He kinda out-lined it and then just filled in the middle, but it worked!" she said.

**Lilly: Mommy, if you're looking for the cookies we ate them ALL when you were in the airplane.

Me: I'm not looking for the cookies, I'm looking for the craisins.

L: Oh, they are here somewhere.

**Alayna made sure to tell me how nice it had been and how I'd missed the first 50 degree day of the year. When I told her it was in the 60s in Colorado she goes, "Yeah, but 50 here is better!" Oh, how we get acclimated to where we live!

No comments: